Monday, September 29, 2008

Mood Swings...



How can the mood of a 1-year old change so quickly? How can you be happy one minute and screaming mad the next? We were smelling flowers and rolling pumpkins in the yard one minute and kicking our legs in a fit the next. It is so challenging to figure out what the problem is when they can't tell you. Are you hurt, are you thirsty, are you hungry, are you dirty? Offering solutions to each of these and we are still mad. It is so frustrating because I want to fulfill needs and make him happy, but I guess that is not possible all the time! Calmly ignoring and leaving the room seems to change his tune a lot of the times, but I don't know if this is the right answer. I know things only get tougher, but sometimes I can't wait for the day when he can verbalize his needs!

On another note, what to cook for dinner? Do you ever run out of ideas! That is frustrating, too! I am about to search foodnetwork! Hmmmm.....

2 comments:

Megan Sommer said...

that question "dooms" me every single day... lol
"What's for dinner"
"What ingredients do i have?"
"Do i have side dish type stuff ?to go with that?"

Food Network is always a good source because you can search by what ingredients you have on hand.

Also, Robin Miller has a show on food network, and she shows you how to cook once, but use what you have cooked, like all week, to prepare different meals.

Amber Connors said...

My favorite is the "my life is over Mom" motion of falling to the ground and crying into it until something better takes his attention away. I'm glad it's not just my kid....love to you!