Monday, September 22, 2008

Our fist big Ouch!

Oh my, what a horrible blogger I have been! Seems like we've been running here and running there and although there is tons of stuff going on in life, I haven't had the time to sit down and type it out or snap a picture! I came down with a stomach bug and today is the first day I have felt semi-normal. I haven't had a bug that put me out that hard and fast in awhile. I literally could not get out of bed. I thank God for my husband! He took care of Ryder and all the household chores while I laid in bed thinking I'd probably be better off dead. O.k., it wasn't that bad, but puking is just the worst!

To top the cake, Ryder fell and got his first big boo boo. He is trying to walk, although I haven't seen many attempts since the face dive. A concrete walk isn't the best place to try out unsteady legs. He face planted on the cement and it looks horrible. The first day I thought it looked bad, but it turned from bad to uglier the second day. I felt/feel horrible...everyone always says that you hurt worst than your child when they get hurt and you never truly believe it until it happens. My poor baby boy!

Anyway, he turns the big No. 1 on Thursday!! So, we are getting ready for that! Hope you are all doing well and have a wonderful first day of Fall! (Yippee!!! My favorite season!)

Just a few Hours after the Face Plunge...

Exhausted after the Fall and his Cousin's Birthday Party.....

How do those faint pink spots turn into this the next day? At least he is all smiles!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awwww, poor Ryder! I'm sure Trevor will wind up with something similar soon... there's only so much you can do to anticipate their every stumble. Don't beat yourself up mom- he obviously isn't letting it get him down! I'm sorry you were sick too! I hope this week turns out to be nothing but good times for you guys!

Andi said...

Wow! Just in time for all of those birthday pictures too lol!! Ryder, have a wonderful 1st birthday tomorrow!! You've been a joy to watch grow over the past year and I look forward to reading what your mama writes each week! Love you, Cousin Andi

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy BIRTHDAY Ryder!