Thursday, June 11, 2009

Blog Surfing = Dinner Idea


I was Blog Surfing and found a New Dinner Idea. Since I just mentioned how frustrating it is to figure out new things to fix, I thought I would share. Sounds like Ryder might just love it which is greatness! Keeps me from fixing two different meals. That is something I said "Pre-Ryder" I would never do, and now do almost every night. I was just thinking the other day about all of the things I was NEVER going to do...Never say Never people. I am always doing what I was NEVER going to do.

Chili Dog Casserole

Ingredients
8 hot dog buns
8 hot dogs
1 (15 ounce) can chili
1/2 cup chopped onions
2 tablespoons prepared mustard
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Fritos

Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. Tear up the hot dog buns and arrange the pieces in the bottom of the dish evenly. Slice the hot dogs into bite size pieces and layer the pieces over the buns. Pour the chili over the hot dogs, sprinkle with the chopped onion, then spread the mustard over the chili and the onion. Top off with the cheese. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. The last 5 minutes add Fritos. To give credit where credit is due, this came from the The Young Family.

Disclaimer: Your cheese will look more bubbly and brown. I made some modifications in an effort to be semi-health conscious. Substitutions included: Whole Wheat Hot Dog Buns (for one side and white buns for the other side...Matt prefers white), Fat Free Turkey Dogs, Turkey Chili and 2% Reduced Fat Shredded Cheese. Still very Yummy!!!

0 comments: