Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Recipe Tuesday

It has been my goal, to make Tuesday's, the day I share a recipe with you. I'll be the first to admit that I haven't been very consistent, but September is a new month and I promise to "try" and post a new recipe every Tuesday! In celebration of "Recipe Tuesday", I am trying Mary's Lasagna recipe out for our dinner tonight! Go check out it's yumminess here!

The Recipe I am sharing is one I actually made this morning. It is a Chocolate Quick Bread that I had never tried before. I had two ripe bananas and I decided to mash them in as well. It turned out really good and I have unnecessarily snacked on it throughout the day! Hope you Enjoy!

Chocolate Banana Bread
In a large bowl sift together:

2 1/2 cups flour

1 1/2 tsp. baking soda

1/2 cup cocoa

1 cup sugar

1/2 tsp. salt

In a smaller bowl combine:
1 egg, beaten

1/3 cup butter, melted

1 1/4 cups sour milk*

*Sour milk: add 1 tbsp. vinegar to 1 cup milk at room temp. Allow to sit 5 minutes.

Combine mixtures until just blended.

Fold in:
2 Ripe Mashed Bananas

Pour into sprayed 9 x 5 loaf pan. Bake at 350° F for one hour.

1 comments:

Chris, Miranda, Prestley & Hudsyn said...

any recipe that starts out "sift together" is too complicated for me...lol. I'm feeling so-so. I'm having evening and night sickness but not too terrible. I can't belive that you are soooo close to the end. Are you ready?