Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A Pirate is in our Future

Wow. I just caught up on all my Blogs. Ryder went to Preschool today for the first time in over a week. We quarantined him all last week so that we wouldn't spread the "Pig" Flu (as Matt calls it) anymore than it has already been spread. Ryder gone actually opens up a little bit of time for catch up this morning.

Amazingly it is hard for me to find time to read blogs and blog myself with a 2-year old and a 6-week old attached to my hip all day long, ha! I've kept saying to myself that I need to post something on this lonely page, but so many times I am thoughtless. I find myself going through the motions just to get through each day and have nothing of interest to put on here. That is unless you'd like to hear about how I start my day feeding Rustin, then getting Ryder out of Bed, fixing him breakfast, starting a load of laundry, changing a diaper, checking emails and voicemail really quickly, getting Ryder dressed and Teeth Brushed, enter another diaper change, etc... you get the picture.
Here are a few interesting things:

1. After reading your Blogs, I am praying for a lot of you sweet friends. Prayer is a powerful tool and God works in miraculous yet mysterious ways. You guys are amazing and faithful people who will come through whatever obstacles are before you. Easier said than done, but I remember being so scared when we found out Rustin might have some problems. Prayer brought us closer to God and closer to each other...we were blessed with a beautiful and healthy baby boy.

2. Ryder is 100% Better. I am starting to lose my sore throat finally...after 6 days, antibiotic, and a bottle of ibuprofen later.

3. Rustin slept 7 hours the night before last..Yahoo!!!! Last night he was back to 5..stinker.

4. We managed to make it out to the Great State Fair of Texas with 2 kiddos this last weekend! I know we are crazy for taking a 6-week old baby to the Fair, but we kept him very covered and away from strange people.

5. I got my "All Clear" from Dr. Z and found out that I still need to lose another 10 lbs. of post-baby weight..ick...why do I love Halloween Candy and Cookies so much?

That's all I've got for now...but I am planning on making this cute Pirate Potato Head Pumpkin with Ryder this afternoon! I'll post a picture of the final product!



1 comments:

julieruth said...

Thank you so much for your encouragement, Joy... we are trusting in the Lord - He is our strength! I pray that you and your precious little boys are doing well... hang in there and know that Rustin will turn the corner with sleeping in just a few short weeks. with love, julie