Friday, May 7, 2010

Two Cute Ideas

Here are two super cute easy ideas that Ryder brought home from Preschool this week!


The first is a birdseed feeder.  It consisted of a bagel, glue (I think..), birdseed and yarn.  I am always looking for little projects to keep him busy on days we can't go outside and thought this was a great idea to pass along!



The second was my Mother's Day present!  He was so excited.  He ran to give it to me when I picked him up yesterday and then promptly told me "Thank you!" as I took it from him.  We are still working on differentiating between "Thank you" and "You're welcome".  I thought this would be a neat idea to do for Grandmas on Mother's Day, too!  You can buy these little tiles at Lowe's or Home Depot.  Attach cork board (found at Michael's or any Craft Store) to the back with glue.  After you get the hand-print on and the paint is dry, you can apply a topcoat (like Modge Podge) and you have a coaster!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Carley said...

Hi Joy! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. I'm glad you "said hi" because I like to read your blog too. :) I'm glad you got to meet Mary on your museum outing...she's a special gal and you are blessed to know her. Do you mind if I add your blog to my list of blogs I read? I always just link to it from Marys. I love the ideas you put in this post. My son turns one next week so I think I'll make that coaster as a memory to his 1st birthday! Have a great day!

Carley

Mary said...

Awww I love that you and Carley are friends now :) She has kept me alive the last three years. Sean tells me all the time that he doesn't know what "We'd" do without her. LOL

I'm challenged/impressed with your craftiness. When I have some energy for things besides catching up on DVR'd shows I'm totally gonna try some of it.