Monday, September 6, 2010

Birthday Month

This is the month for Birthday's in our family. We celebrate 7 Birthdays over the next four weeks! We started out the celebrations yesterday with Rustin's 1st Birthday party. It was his Grandpa's Birthday yesterday, too.

I am a Cupcake Mama. Truth be told, I'm scared to make a full size cake. Cupcakes are easy, and if you mess one up you can just eat it! I can't tell you how many cupcakes I have eaten in the last 3 days. Needless to say, I only make my boys cupcakes on their Birthdays. Our little Rustin loves Dogs. I saw an idea for Puppy cupcakes and had to make them for his 1st Birthday. We added some red and orange cupcakes to put these super cute toppers on.  I ordered them from Silly Little Goose  which is a really cute little Etsy shop.


We baked lots of cookies with Grandma earlier in the week and put them out with the cupcakes.  Ryder loves to "Make". 
 
We opened lots of presents!
We ate lots of good food.  Matt got a new grill for his Birthday (remember that he and Rustin share the same Birthday).  He cooked up some mighty tasty burgers and hot dogs yesterday.  We washed it down with cupcakes of course.  Have I ever told y'all that Rustin can put away some food?  He can.  He devoured his cupcake.


We finished the night with pizza and s'mores on the back patio...we had put the camera away by that time.  Happy Early Birthday Rustin!  And to all our other Birthday's this week:  Grandpa, Granddaddy, Matt, Aunt Kristie and Cousin Anna....we love you!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Very cute cupcakes! Great job baker Joy. I totally buy my cupcakes at Costco. I know, I'm dedicated, right? Happy Birthday to all!

Janelle said...

You amaze me! Love the cupcakes. What a fun birthday month!