Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Dinner Update

Update:  Y'all gave me some great ideas!  I walked away from the computer after typing the post and stood in front of the freezer.  Since I hadn't seen any of your suggestions yet, I decided to pull out a package of buffalo.  If you haven't tried this, I really recommend it.  Buffalo is  much leaner than ground beef but it essentially tastes the same.  You can find it at Whole Foods and Central Market for sure.  I even lucked into some at Target last week.  So here is the concoction I came up with tonight:

1lb. Ground Buffalo (or Beef)
1 Jar of Ragu
1 Package of Cream Cheese
Spaghetti
Garlic/Salt/Pepper/Oregano/Basil

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  Boil water and cook spaghetti according to package.  While spaghetti cooks, brown your ground meat.  I always use my Pampered Chef Mix'N Chop to brown my meat.  It does an amazing job at get it all separated and finely ground.  Just put it in the pan and give it a little twist with your wrist.


 After the meat is brown and no longer pink, add the Ragu and cream cheese (softened).  Stir it all together and add the spices.  As much or as little as you like.  Let simmer for 20 minutes.  Drain your spaghetti.  Spray a baking dish (I used an oblong shaped deep baker).  Pour a little sauce in the bottom of the dish.  Add a layer of spaghetti.  Alternate sauce and spaghetti ending with sauce on top.  Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and bake for 30 minutes. Your end result will be a "Spaghetti" Lasagna.  Garlic toast goes great with this!


Ryder helped me mix up some Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Banana Bread for dessert.  He felt so grown up to be using the mixer.  He worked so hard on this bread and it was a huge treat to have a piece before bedtime...and then he didn't even like it.  He is such a picky eater..sigh...I assume he will grow out of this one day.

Thanks again for all of the ideas!!!  I am going to make one of them tomorrow night!

0 comments: