Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ash Wednesday plus a little Rustin

Its Ash Wednesday...the first day of the Lent which means there are exactly 46 days until Easter.  I love Lent and the time it gives us to reflect, repent and look forward to Easter.  I've been in a cloud today and haven't even really focused on this first day of Lent and repentance. 

Rustin had his 18-month check up today.  He is measuring up perfectly:
Weight:  22 lb. 11 oz.
Height:  32"
Head Circumference:  18.5 in.

I'm totally bragging, but y'all he's so smart!  He can count, identify letters, talks all the time and melts our hearts.  He still isn't walking and we are working towards figuring all of that out for him.  He'll start physical therapy next week and hopefully we'll get him to transition from crawling to walking.

I'm so sorry I've been absent lately and I desperately need to catch up on all of you.  I wish I could just pause life some days and take a huge breath and then slowly let it out.  I do know that all things are in God's hands and through him we can handle anything.  Hugs to you all!

2 comments:

Mary said...

He IS smart if he can count and knows letters!! Smart little man!! Hoping you have rest in the midst of all you have going on :)

Carley said...

Smart little guy! Codys got his numbers for the most part but clueless about letters. You can brag all you want....you're a proud momma!!