Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tasty Tuesday

It's that time of year.  The time of year when I pull the big pink rolling pin out of the cabinet.  The Red and Green Sprinkles come out of the Pantry.  Fresh Nutmeg is ground into a jar. Christmas Cookies are one of my favorite things about this season.  I absolutely love them.  The boys and I floured up the counter last night and went to town. 




We rolled out dough, cut cookies, rolled out dough, cut cookies, rolled out dough...o.k.  You get the idea.  Now time for the recipe...ahem...and I can't share it.  I'm so sorry, really I am.  I would be excommunicated from my husband's family.  No.  I really would.  Not kidding.  But, I will share one of my other favorite cookie recipes!  They are easy and festive and oh so tasty! 

Christmas Snowball Cookie Recipe
adapted from Betty Crocker
Prep Time: 1 hour  Cooking Time: 10 to 10 mins
Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cups flour
3/4 cup finely chopped nuts
1/4 teaspoon salt
Powdered sugar
Preheat oven 360 degrees. Mix butter,  1/2 cup powdered sugar and vanilla in mixer.  Stir in flour, nuts and salt until dough holds together.
Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours. When ready to bake, shape dough into 1-inch balls.  Place about 1 inch apart on parchment-lined cookie sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set but not brown. The best way to tell if they are done is to pick one up and see if it’s slightly brown. Remove from cookie sheet and cool slightly on wire rack. Roll warm cookies in powdered sugar.  Then, do a second coat by sifting powdered sugar over cookies. Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies.

0 comments: