Thursday, February 2, 2012

Tasty T̶u̶e̶s̶d̶a̶y̶ Thursday- Mini Pizza Cups


I had these little pieces of deliciousness baked and ready to go on the Blog for Tasty Tuesday, but sickness took over our house.  Rustin was sick, then it nabbed me and finally Matt.  We're still not fully recovered, but definitely better than the beginning of the week.  It was survival of the fittest.  The boys went to school on Wednesday dressed...well dressed. Rustin has eaten M&M's for dinner every night this week and I'm o.k. with that.

Those of you who know me very well, are aware that saying my kids are picky eaters is an understatement.  Ryder basically eats pizza, pizza and pizza.  I've tried it all.  We've cleaned up messes at the dinner table, after gagging himself, on food we that we insisted he try just a single bite of.  I won't do it anymore.  He eats what he eats.  I quit cooking different things for him, but some weeks (especially when Matt works late and its just the three of us), I just cook pizza.

I've made pizza rolls, pizza on a stick, pizza sandwiches...any way you can do pizza...I've done it.  I made these last week and LOVED them.  They are perfect for a quick appetizer. Since there is a certain big game on Sunday, I thought this would be a good time to share.  Here is the recipe:

Ingredients:
1 Tube of Refrigerated Biscuit Dough ( I use the Buttermilk Biscuits that come in a 4-pack at the Grocery Store)
Pizza Sauce (The Squirt Bottle kind is Perfect)
1 Cup Shredded Part-skim Mozzarella Cheese
Any toppings (Diced Pepper, Diced Onion, Olives, Pepperoni, or anything else that tickles your fancy)
Mini-Muffin Pan

Directions:
Preheat Oven to 375 Degrees.  Spray your pan liberally with cooking spray.  Separate each biscuit in half and press into the bottom and up the sides of miniature muffin cups.  Squirt sauce onto each biscuit.  Sprinkle with Toppings and Cheese.  Bake for 15 minutes or until the crusts are brown and cheese is melted.  Enjoy!


0 comments: