Friday, June 22, 2012

Milestone

We hit a major milestone this week.  It really was huge (to me).  For the first time in nearly 5 years, I walked into the mall with both of the boys....and no stroller. 

It felt strange, but free.

It was a short trip that was perfect for testing the waters.  I've been pretty attached to my stroller.  It is my security blanket.  When I feel I've lost all control of them (the boys), it was there to tie them in place.  It is always in the back of my car...never leaves us.  Actually having the guts to do this on my own was a big deal...I almost think I needed it more than the boys did.  I officially feel like I have big kids now.

Since it is Friday, lets play Flashback Friday  ;)








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo! Good for you! I think my big kids are just as accustomed to the stroller as I am! They don't know what to do with their hands if they don't have something to hold on to... and I feel the same way! And....then, what to do with the keys, drink, phone, etc?! Glad I have a couple more years before I have to solve these mind boggling questions!

Amber Connors said...

Way to go! We had that for couple of months before Reid was born. (I feel naked without 3 extra changes of clothes and diapers and wipes and snacks in my car. I marvel at the big city mamas who do it all of the time.) Good for you. Loving the throwback pictures. :)