Sunday, July 7, 2013

Arkansas

Arkansas...It's a place we always traveled to growing up.  

It was a happy place.

It was the first place I saw lightening bugs.  I can remember my Grandfather helping me capture them in a glass jar.  It was the state where he was born and raised and two of his sisters were still there.  They lived right next door to each other and we saw them every summer.  My Aunt Irma was his youngest sister and she loved my sisters and I  like we were her own grandkids.
 
My older sister spent four years there at the University of Arkansas and its been since then that I've really been back.  I had hesitations.  I knew it wouldn't be the same as I remembered it growing up.  My Aunt is 90 years old now and her memory plays tricks on her.  I couldn't bare the possibility she wouldn't remember me.  My Mom talked me into the trip and  I took the boys with my parents last Sunday.  We arrived and my Aunt looked me square in the eyes and said, "Now I believe I know that blonde headed girl...its Joy Michelle.".  A huge hug and kiss later I knew I had made the right decision.  

My boys with my parents & my little sister's family!


We only spent 3 short days, but I know my boys made memories like the ones I still hold close to my heart.
At the Pea Ridge Civil War Battle Grounds










Fireworks out our hotel window.
Love these people.
Stink and Stinkier waiting to eat dinner.
They were excited to finally see Oklahoma since their Daddy works there every Wednesday!  



It was an Indian Sitting...

Soldier sneaking...

Cannon firing....

Junior Rangering...

Porch Sitting...

Sliding...

Lolly Pop eating...

Swimming Every Single Day....good time!

1 comments:

Janelle said...

I saw these pics on FB and wondered where y'all had gone. I love visiting family. It seems like that is all we do on our vacations. :)
Glad you had fun!