Saturday, November 19, 2011

Thanksgiving Preview

I'm a last minute kind of girl.  Life would be a lot less chaotic some days if I was just better at planning.  The boys had their big Thanksgiving Feast on Friday and they both had to bring a few items to share.  In my usual "wait until the very end" fashion, Friday morning at 5 a.m., I pretended to be the Pioneer Woman.  I cooked up some of her fresh green beans.  The recipe is here. 


My foil pan is gorgeous....I know.  It was for 2-year olds and I'm pretty sure they weren't offended.  Anyway,  I did a taste test before sending them off.  They were delicious. I did leave out the red pepper included in her recipe, simply because I did not have a pepper in the fridge. Oh and don't talk to Ryder.  He gagged the whole drive to school while covering his nose and continually asking "What's that Smell?".  There is a lot of garlic and onion in this recipe, so if that's not for you...beware!

I whipped up some fruit for Ryder's class.  I saw an idea that used Waffle Cones to make Fruit Cornucopias.  Braum's sells Waffle Cones.  I couldn't find them anywhere else.  Being absolutely lazy, I went to Costco and bought the big bowl of pre-cut fruit.  Stuff the fruit in the waffle cone and you'll come up with something like this.
Seriously...people will "ooh and awww" and you will have spent maybe 10 minutes on this project.  Fabulously easy!

Finally, why did I just receive the memo that it is proper etiquette to give your child's teach a Thanksgiving gift?  Yes, I AM THANKFUL for the three woman that teach (ahem "put up with") my children at the Preschool they attend, but I wasn't aware that Thanksgiving was the holiday that you gave them an appreciation gift.  Sometimes I just feel out of it.  It makes total sense though,  and I luckily have great friends who remind me of these little things.  I quickly ran out and grabbed some cookie mix, a package of whisks and an oven mitt. 

Tied a little Thankful tag to the package and called it done!  You can find a tutorial for the turkey guy here!

Hope this gives you a little Thanksgiving inspiration.  All of these things can be done last minute and in a pinch...like between the hours of 5 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. while still showering, sending a few work emails and getting two kids dressed and out the door!  Y'all have a fabulous Saturday!!